Tables in PowerPoint are presented in different styles. Any of them can be applied to your PPT presentation.
You should follow these steps:
1. You have to select a cell in the table and click “Design”.
2. Select the group “Table Styles” and click the arrow “More”. Various styles of tables are presented here.
3. Choose the most matching style of your future table.
4. Now the selected style has been applied to your presentation.
Changing table style options
There are several options of changing your table’s appearance. You can turn them on or off.
Here is the list if options:
• Header Row;
• Total Row;
• Banded Rows;
• First Column;
• Last Column;
• Banded Columns.
Select a table’s cell. In the group “Table Style Options check/uncheck options.
Using these options will affect the style of your table. Make sure that your style matches the content of your presentation. We encourage you find time and play around with various options in order to pick the most suitable style.
Adding borders you will define some table’s sections. There are some styles of tables in PowerPoint 2013 where borders have been included automatically. In this case you can customize them and add any other in a manual way changing its weight, line style or colors.
1. Select cells where a new border should be added.
2. Find the tab “Design”, pick “Line Style”, “Pen Color” and “Line Weight” which you like.
3. Click the arrow “Borders” and pick the border type you like.
4. Now you’ve successfully added a new border to your cells.
5. Removing borders is as simple as adding them. Just click the command “Borders” and then “No Border”.
There is an alternative way to modify your table – use the tab “Layout”. A variety of changes can be made with the help of this command. Click this button and find out all the available commands.